This kit contains the full set of wooden parts needed to build a set of Pitts S1-SS wings as well as the drag wires and aluminum trailing edges.
This kit includes the following items and sub-kits:
PLEASE NOTE: The metal fittings, hinges, brackets, AN hardware, etc. are NOT included in this kit, except as mentioned above.
- Built-up rib kit (routed aileron ribs and nose pieces, cap strips, and CNC-cut ply gussets for built-up ribs);
- Laminated tip/center bows (1 center and 4 wingtip bows);
- Laminated spruce finished spar set (all spar sections, finished and scarfed including splice plates);
- Formed laminated plywood leading edges;
- Formed laminated plywood aileron leading edges;
- Formed laminated plywood aileron cove;
- Aluminum trailing edges;
- Stainless steel drag/anti-drag wires;
- Pre-shaped hard maple drag/anti-drag wire mounting blocks;
- All other WOOD parts needed to finish the wings.
We strongly recommend that you also consider using our CNC rib jigs to go along with this kit, which can really speed the process of rib construction (available in a separate listing).